Friday, December 26, 2008

Delicious Pancakes and Dunked in the Pacific

I slept in today- then made pancakes with maple syrup for brekkie. It was very hot, so again, we slathered on the sunscreen and headed down to the beach. We went down to the surf beach- there were quite a few people in the water, escaping the heat.



Sam encouraged me to brave the waves......no they weren't very big at all.....and I was going alright until I endured an almighty wave dumping! Sam said he felt my limbs hit him as I tumbled past him. I'm sure it happens to everyone when they go swimming but it kind of put me off for a while. I must have hit my jaw and head and swallowed a fair bit of sea water so I recuperated on the beach while Sam stayed out a bit longer.



We headed back to the caravan park for a bbq lunch which Sam cooked and then back to the beach for another swim. I think today is the first day I've really felt relaxed- it usually takes me a couple of weeks to feel like I'm on holidays. Sam really seemed relaxed today as well.



Overall- a lazy and relaxing day- the way holidays should be!


No comments:

Post a Comment